Senior Bid Writer37.5 per week
£39,000 - £45,000 per annum (dependent on qualifications and experience)
37.5 hours per week
Hartpury University and Hartpury College are among the UK’s leading specialist education providers in agriculture, animal, equine, sport and veterinary nursing. Located in Gloucestershire, Hartpury University and Hartpury College sit side-by-side on a beautiful 360-hectare campus. We provide world-class facilities to more than 4,000 university and college-level students studying undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, A-levels and diplomas, as well as undertaking industry research. The University is rated top 20 in the UK for Teaching Quality (Times Good University Guide 2022) and has 96% graduate employability, whilst the College is rated Ofsted Outstanding in all areas. A passionate and innovative business culture and exceptional support networks make Hartpury an ideal career choice.
Hartpury is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community – a place where we can all be ourselves. We particularly welcome applicants that we are underrepresented in, including those from ethnically diverse backgrounds, LGBTQI+ communities, and those living with disabilities. As part of our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion we offer a range of inclusive policies, flexible working arrangements and a multi-faith space to support staff from different backgrounds.
We promote and support a hybrid working split between working from home and on-site on our beautiful rural campus.
About the Role
- Draft winning proposals and support Hartpury’s growth strategy.
- Identify appropriate funding calls, match the capabilities and strategic aims of Hartpury and its partners to the calls and develop strategies for winning proposals.
- This is an exciting role working across the college and university, liaising with academics, support staff and external stakeholders to bring together exciting proposals to help Hartpury stand out and continue its reputation as a leader in it field.
- You will be a self-starter with extensive bid writing experience.
- You will have an excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both written and verbal.
- You will have proven ability to develop bid winning solutions.
- You will have experience in writing, preparation and management of successful bids & proposals.
- You will have experience of consortia building involving industry, the public sector and/or the higher education sector.
- You will have experience of proposal development in the FE or HE Sector or able to demonstrate transferable skills.
- You will be self-motivated with ability to work flexibly to support deadlines.
- You will have professional acumen, with excellent senior level influencing and stakeholder management skills.
What we Offer
- A beautiful green campus and working environment
- Hybrid/flexible working to support work life balance
- Wellbeing events and Employee Assistance Programme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employee Discounts Scheme
- Onsite fitness facilities
- Support for continuous professional development
- Flexible working opportunities available
- 25 days annual leave entitlement plus bank holidays rising with length of service
- An institution that is growing and going places
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Click the button below to apply online or telephone (01452) 702135 to request documents by post.
Click here to view the full Job Description and Person Specification
The closing date for receipt of applications is Monday 29th August 2022
Interviews will be held between 7th and 9th September 2022
Hartpury’s expectation is that all eligible staff will be vaccinated against COVID-19.