Finance Business Partner
Based Wythall, South Birmingham (B47)
9 Month Fixed Term Contract
Up to £43,500 + Bonus & Benefits
Did you know the Phoenix Group is consistently listed as one of the UK’s top employers? Our people uphold our values of responsibility, courage, difference, growth and passion and are at the very heart of the success of our business. Together, we’ll shape a better future.
FINANCE BUSINESS PARTNER – PROJECTS
About the role
To support the delivery of shareholder value whilst protecting policyholder returns through a clear understanding of the Group’s project portfolio finances, whilst demonstrating strong commercial acumen.
To support all key stakeholders with an understanding of financial performance and financial governance of the Group’s project portfolio (including allocation of costs across group entities).
This role will support delivery of value-added Finance Business Partnering and effective financial oversight of the Group’s Project Portfolio, including:
• Development of a right-first-time approach to customer service in order to develop the relationship between the customer and ServCo Finance.
• To be the primary line of financial contact for agreed stakeholders providing support and challenge to the function and ensure an efficient operating model.
• Applying an in-depth understanding of the ServCo business model, its drivers and the environment in which it operates.
• Review and challenge of project business cases from a financial perspective.
• Deliver a customer focused finance service during the Month End process
• Produce insightful, customer focussed MI to key stakeholders including Group and key project governance committees.
• Support delivery of Q1F and AOP forecasting processes.
• Other ad-hoc requirements - including supporting continuous improvement initiatives across the Servco Finance team.
• Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, or CIMA) with full letters (or qualified by experience) and evidence of having worked alongside senior management in a cost focused environment with significant commercial experience.
• Commercially astute with proven problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to understand and apply contractual principles.
• Demonstrated ability to drive strong dialogue and being prepared to give their view.
• Very strong Excel skills – will need to provide scenario modelling as and when required.
• Comfortable communicating with people at all levels of the organisation, being able to explain accountancy terms to non-accountants.
• A good understanding of Life Company accounting is an advantage, although not necessary so long as prepared to learn quickly.
Join the Phoenix Group, and you join a unique organisation. It’s not just the 10 million policyholders we serve, or the £240 billion of assets we look after. Or that we’ve been listed as one of the UK's Top Employers for seven years running. It’s the fact we manage predominantly closed life funds in our Heritage business. This means we can focus our innovative thinking and energy into improving outcomes for our existing customers and their customer experience.
But that’s not all. We also have an Open business which manufactures and underwrites new products and policies to support people saving for their future in areas such as workplace pensions and SIPPs. We also market corporate pension trustee services and manufacture products to be sold under other brands.
Did you know Phoenix Life manufactures SunLife’s market leading Guaranteed Over 50’s plan? Having acquired Standard Life Assurance Limited in 2018, Phoenix is now the largest consolidator of heritage life insurance funds in Europe with a vision to be Europe's Leading Life Consolidator
We value diversity in our workforce and welcome enquiries from everyone.